Monday, January 25, 2010

Dear Awards Season, I love thee.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm in love. Yes, my manfriend is beyond fantastic, but I'm not talking about him. I'm talking about Oscar, Globey, Grammy, and SAG. They're the perfect dates, really. They come to you, take you to a super-glitzy VIP joint, and give you ultimate lady tickles all from the comfort of your own couch.

I'm a big fan of this award season in particular because of all the Gleeks on the red carpet these days. After getting bedroom eyes from Cory Monteith at a Glee luncheon, he's been the predominate panty-dropper-status male in my life ever since. Now he's gonna put on a tux with a bow tie? Yes please. (Ladies... never underestimate the seductive powers of the bow tie). Mark Sailling could get it too-- I don't discriminate against bad hair.

Overall, I've been pretty happy with the four A's of red carpet season: Attire, attitude, awards, and alcoholism (the last is of course a nod to everyone's favorite pair of melons, Mariah). But true to Hollywood, there was definitely a fair share of "omigod no what the eff is she wearing?!" I've now taken judgement into my own hands:

Best Dressed at the Globes:

If one is to learn anyting from this lineup, it's never be afraid to show some gams. If this picture of Jen isn't making Brad's beard rip itself out I don't know what will.

Worst dressed at the globes:

Granted, my favorite colors are black and gold, but I feel like I'm in a raibow-bright commercial. First of, Diane Kruger would look good in a paper bag... she should have worn one. This dress makes me want to punch a baby. And Sandra? This looks like a sweet 16 dress straight out of Jessica McClintock's 2002 collection. Sadly, mah girl Tina Fey made the list here with her homage to little-bo-peep and Maria made the list because we got too much of a peep at her not-so-little-bos.

Best dressed at the SAGs:

Ah... ladies in white. Symbol of purity. Bah--Kate Hudson is totes the Hollywood bicycle. Thank you Carey Mulligan for bringing back the F-M-Red.

Worst dressed at the SAGs:

This goes to show you that sparkles and prints, though happy, can work to destroy you. Beware of them... they may be your red carpet demise.

No comments:

Post a Comment