Thursday, September 29, 2011

My Name is Sofalista. My Country is America.

Many of you may not know this about me, but I really, really love America. My favorite day is the 4th of July and my favorite foods are of the saturated fats persuasion. I like to consider myself a patriot of the art of loving America, standing on the platform of supporting the American TV shows that make this country truly amazing (Donations for my 2016 Presidential campaign can be made at www.Sofalista.blogspot.com).

Recently, that list of truly amazing TV was appended. Whilst farting around Verizon’s oh-so robust On Demand offerings, I came across a most exciting gem: an early release of the pilot episode of Homeland for poor people without Showtime (like ME! Wahoo!). Of course I watched instantly, wrapped in my American flag blanket with a Bud Light in hand. What did I think? Patriots rejoice.

The show is a “24” for those who are still mourning the loss of My So Called Life. Ok, not really, but it does star a strangely un-aged Claire Danes (like, what is she? Benjamin Button) but in a much less “dejected teen annoying” and much more “obsessive compulsive annoying” type of way.

The story focuses on a recovered Marine who had been MIA in the Middle East for over 8 years and the uber-intense CIA agent convinced that he’s been turned. From what I can gather thus far, Homeland is a genius attempt at catering to two separate but often overlapping audiences: true Americans and crazy bitches. This CIA chick had Agent Brody’s house bugged within 5 minutes of him landing on US soil (and in the bedroom to boot! Needless to say there was a lot of very uncomfortable sexytime in there that Angela Chase was privy to). You tell me if that doesn’t sound like a jaded ex-girlfriend you or a friend might have had (Hi, Joyce! Lylas!).

In true 24 fashion, the last 2 minutes of this show had me in prime #owling position (for those of you are social media inept and unaware of the new-albeit-not-improved “planking” please see below) at the edge of my seat. t's true... any ad campaign that prompts me to "watch careful.ly" will be given my full attention. I won’t give away the ending… I’ll just ask that you watch this Sunday at 10/9c.

No comments:

Post a Comment