Friday, February 12, 2010

Clive Bixby


What is it about men in turtlenecks that screams "I'd like some sex please?" Maybe it's the binding nature of the silhouette? The often ribbed-for-her-pleasure fabric? All I know is that once paired with a smoking jacket, it's the stuff that sexual identities are made of.

In the case of Phil Dunphy, when the powers of the turtleneck and blazer combine, we are left with Clive Bixby, sexual predator in town for a conference. I probably would have been equally as excited by "English gentleman" or "esteemed business man" or better yet "Claire I tame tigahs no big deeel." Oh but I did love Clive-- Clive Bixby with his name tag and fake cigarettes. He sure knows how to show a lady a good time. He should meet Valencia, my sexual identity; naughty hotel maid extraoridinaire. Hmm... that was probably TMI.

So this whole "role playing" business really got me thinking: how can that translate outside the bedroom? I don't know... Let's say at the office? The idea came to me during a presentation where a co-worker named Ted introduced himself to a rep not as "Ted" but instead as "Kim." After we pointed and laughed for probably a innapropriate amount of time, I thought "huh... Why can't he be Kim?" I mean, he wasn't about to do any business with crazy cat lady with her looseleaf paper presentation; might as well get some kicks for the hell of it. I told a friend that next meeting I'm going to introduce myself as "Virus, assistant planner of death." My friend told me it was a bad idea and that my stupidity hurt his brain. To that friend I would like to say: bite me.

More than introducing me to Clive and Julianna, Phil and Claire Dunphy did something else for me on Wednesday's episode of ModFam... They made me seriously crave some garlic cheesy bread. So as I write this, I'm actually en-route to Philly in search of the city's best garlic cheesy bread. Manfriend may not know it yet, but he's getting hot, melty, cheesy carbs and garlic breath kisses this Valentine's Day. Baby, if you're reading this, I mean what I'm about to say: nothing says I love you like bread and cheese. Next year, you should probably re-think flowers. Hey... I wonder if they can make a cheesy bread boquette? Imma gonna write that one down...

No comments:

Post a Comment