Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What I Would Rather be Doing Today...



For me, city snowfalls are about as appealing as taking a cheese grater to my nipples. Streets are cleared in about .5 seconds and you're left with brown sludge that will never prevent you from going to work, but will definitely make your commute 10x times more miserable. Disagree? Well then you can suck it-- that either means you got to stay home today or that you're too dumb to be granted an opinion.

So, as I sat in my cubical on this crappy day, I began to think about all the other things I would rather be doing: having a snow ball fight in Central Park, watching people trip outside my building, making yellow snow... you know... the usual. But above all I would rather be roasting on an island beach... (Watch out--here comes the segue)... via Oceanic Flight 815.

A friend of mine has made it her mission to watch Lost from the show's season 1 beginnings. I'm pretty jealous... not because she has all the DVDs and something to do for the next hundred years, but because her experience of Lost has yet to be adulterated by the boundless labyrinth of mind games. See, I never asked questions when polar bears showed up on the island, or when Libby was revealed as a patient in an insane asylum, or the fact that Hurley has been able to remain rotund after over five seasons on an island--but creepy Ethan shows up as Claire's doctor in LA? Let's all say it together... WTF.

"I just don't want to have to stick you with needles if I don't have to." HA. Ethan, I reserve the right as a loyal viewer to never have to hear you say "stick you" ever again. That guy sends more chills down my spine than the snowpocalypse. It's interesting though, in season one Ethan was with Claire moments before she went into labor and Kate delivered the baby. How nice for them to share that moment off island. Coincidence? I think not.

I'm equally as perturbed with this "darkness" nonsense. First it claims poor sweet Claire and then Sayid? Correction... nothing "claims" Sayid. Sayid is bad ass to the inner workings of his soul; I have to believe that his cells will torture and take out any enemy threat. And another question: if one who is dead can be "claimed," does that mean that Claire had died at one point? And speaking of dead people, it's nice to know that Rousseau is a walking corpse. Has she been a carnation of the man in black this whole time? Holy hell what is this place?

Of all the questions I have from last night's episode, my most serious question is this: Did the casting director really think that we could take the guy from Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia seriously as a gun-yielding other with the name "Aldo?" On that note...

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what makes me happiest - that I can finally participate in tomorrow's recap convos and not run screaming from my office, or that I finally get to catch up on all of your LOST posts.

    Oh, and, "not because she has all the DVDs and something to do for the next hundred year"... Silly LT. What were you thinking?? Try 5.5 weeks. One for each season. Heck. Yes.

    ReplyDelete