Thursday, February 25, 2010

SPOILER ALERT---Ha, Who Saw That Comin?


God, I just love New York. I love the sights, the sounds, the mysterious hot odors over subway grates. I love the smiling faces of drivers flipping other drivers off to the song of their abused car horns. I love how I get to pay at least 40% more for everything than those non-New York residing brethren. Hell, I even love my third floor walk-up over a rub-and-tug.

But I think perhaps my favorite thing about this magical city is that at any moment you can walk right into a hot set. And if you're really lucky, the hot set of your favorite show.

Last night, I got the following text from one of my guy friends:

"Gossip Girl. Lights. Cam. Action."

I should probably preface this story by saying that this guy is straight... or at least be pretends to be. The only things he truly loves about Gossip Girl are Blake Lively's legs... and Ed Westwick's crotch. Moving on...

So I stumble across the street to meet my friend in front of Blaire Waldorf's apartment building (No... I know... Gossip Girl is not real life-- blah blah blah). Which brings me to the next thing I love about this city... extras. No, I'm not talking about the extra city tax; I'm referring to the plethora of aspiring actors running rampant around Manhattan, ravenous for a chance to appear on film. As the cameras rolled, these fools tried everything to steal a few eyeballs. One guy sneezed as he walked past the camera. Some other bitch bent down to pick something up. And I swear, I actually saw a fool leap.

This poor production staff. Heaven must hold a special place for them... right next to Chris Harrison. You know they are all about the FML.

So... getting to why you are probably reading this--this is what I know: In an upcoming episode, Leighton Meester will sport a seriously killer brown ball gown and diamond bib necklace. She will be greeted by a lesser-dressed Penn Badgley in her lobby. He will offer her his jacket and they will kiss.

Ok, so I'm not 100% positive it was Penn Badgley. We all know how I think Dan is about as appealing as a colonic, so I'm a little skeptical if that dashing sexy beast could have actually been Penn. I guess we'll just have to wait to find out!

AH!!! I'm so flippin' excited for this shit to return. I've waited far too long for a Chuck Bass lady tickle. Let the countdown begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment