Monday, March 29, 2010

Hit the Road, Kat... And Dontcha' Come Back


Breathe in... breathe out... now say it with me... "Ahhhhh..."

Holy Denny Duquette it's true! Katherine Heigl has flipped her last bird to the cast and crew of Grey's Anatomy, Entertainment Weekly confirms. What exactly does Izzy's departure mean for us loyal viewers? Well, I would venture to guess it would mean a lot less deer, a lot more shirtless Karev scenes, and bountiful rejoicing on set.

I can picture it now: Shondra Rhimes passing around the peace pipe, the writers going shot-for-shot with each other, McSteamy streaking through the set (yum...more of that please). In fact, I have it on good authority that the moment news of Katherine's peace-out leaked, the entire Grey's set turned into a scene from Godspell with Bailey taking the lead on "Oh bless the Lord my Soul."

It's no secret that Katherine Heigl was about as pleasant as a mammogram, stinking up the set with her cigarette smoke and bad attitude. She made it quite clear she was too good for that silly little medical dramedy that catapulted her lifeless career from the day's of "My Father the Hero" and the made-for-TV Disney hit "Wish Upon a Star" (thought I must admit, both are personal faves of mine). So what's next for this superstar? Perhaps some more earth-shattering, big screen hits in the likeness of "The Ugly Truth."

Fictional life at Seattle Grace doesn't seem to miss Izzy much, either. In fact, the show has been seriously stepping up its game recently. This distracting sexual chemistry between Dr. Hunt and Dr. I Love Hunt is doing more than enough to fill the Izzy/Karev void. Though, I must admit, I will look back fondly on Izzy's earlier Denny-filled days. In fact, let's take this moment to remember her with warm admiration in the best scene of Grey's to date (followed shortly thereafter with the pinnacle of Katherine's acting career):

No comments:

Post a Comment