Wednesday, March 31, 2010

She said WHAT?!


Last night Kara DioGuardi confirmed to America that she really is just talking out of her ass.

Following Michael Lynch's rendition of India Arie's "Ready for Love," Kaka had this feedback to give:

"I hate to admit, I've never heard that song until you chose it. I went to listen to it and I have to say you did an incredible job with it, you really did. You mastered the intention behind it even though you're so far from that in your own personal life. You got to the true emotion of the song. It was tasteful. It was lovely. It was one of my favorite performances."

Hm. Interesting. Wasn't it Kara who boasted last night about her success in the industry as a song writer? Yeah, certainly she's doing her competitive research. Here's a new term to add to your b.s. repertoire, DioGuardi... industry awareness. Even I, who do no more than listen to Gaga on repeat, have heard that song. Hell I was even singing along myself... as I do every episode... in front of the mirror... with a hairbrush microphone.

And not for nothing, after hearing that song ONCE you were able to get a full understanding of the "intention" and "true emotion" of the song? I would venture to guess you weren't even able to do that with Sisqo's 1990 hit masterpiece, "Thong Song."

Kaka was right about one thing, however; It was a lovely performance. But it was NOTHING compared to my boo, Lee's performance of "Treat Her Like a Lady" or Andrew Garcia's interpretation of "Forever." Who could I have done without last night? I hate to say it... but Shabang. Her performance was about as tolerable as a bleach cocktail. And Tim Urban? So help me God if I have to watch him perform ever again. Oh well... the sun is shining... let's focus on the good, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment